Here are a few facts and figures about the Conservatoire Royale de Bruxelles...
For the year 2017-2018, the Conservatoire royal de Bruxelles has over 650 students registered. Of these, 25% are Belgian, and 75% come from abroad, from around 40 different countries, specialiising as follows:
- 350 in classical and contemporary music
- 48 in early music
- 120 in jazz
- 95 actors
- 30 students in music education
- 20 students in drama education
- 12 students taking specialised masters
- 3 doctoral students
- 200 new students, selected in 2017 from 450 candidates
- 10 students from abroad who are studying here as part of the Erasmus, or other exchange programmes.
- Apart from a few exceptions, the students are between 18 and 30 years old
- The average age is 25
- Around 30 awards of social aid were given in 2017
- The teaching body includes professors, assistants, teaching Le corps enseignant rassemble professeurs, assistants, teaching staff, accompanists, and guest lectureres. Counting all categories together, they number 240.
- The administrative staff includes 32 people.
- 49 courses structured in 2 cycles for 2016-2017
- Around 30 masterclasses in 2016-2017
- 227 students graduated in 2017
- 180 public shows (129 in house, and 51 external) in the 2016-2017 season (excluding public examinations), working with around 20 partnerships, and over 16 000 audience members (excluding public examinations).
- Totale surface area of the three sites : approx. 15 000 m²
- 3 000 m² of rooms for teaching and rehearsals
- 1 700 m² dedicated to learning stage performance.
- 600 m² of office space.
- 5 kilometers of shelving, spread on 7 levels.
- 1 million documents accessible, available to borrown and/or consult
- 70 teaching rooms
- 2 rehersal / creation spaces
- 3 public halls: 80-seater, 98-seater and one with 597 spaces
70 pianos, 6 harpsichords, 3 pianofortes, 2 portable organs, a great Collon organ with 35 stops, and a study organ, plus around 50 other instruments.